fredag 6 december 2013

JEANNE JENSEN – a penny for your thought!

In the picture,Tuula Niemelä and Jeanne Jensen


That´s a question put to me while in England in  my youth. So I like to ask Jeanne some questions.


Jeanne had a course in Rolf movement  and Continuum movement in Helsinki last weekend. I joined and got to know once again how important our thoughts are, thanks to you Jeanne. The positive thoughts combined with devotion can make miracles.

Jeanne has experienced Emilie Conrad, the mother of Continuum, as her teacher. I myself had the opportunity to listen to Emilie´s lecture in London last spring. Her appearance of a young woman but born over 80 years ago was just amazing. It told the story of the work she has created within Continuum Movement at its best. Tuula Niemelä who invited Jeanne is the only Continuum-teacher in Finland. Now that I got to know her I would like to learn more. To learn more about what Continuum is you need to turn to the net. Still I can describe by the words of Jim Oschman: "Continuum is at the same time a philosophical, scientific, artistic, musical, poetic, and spiritual concept, a cosmology, and advanced state of consciousness".

 
Emilie Conrad in London, May 2013

"The Breath of Life" conference in London, May 2013

About Rolf movement, facilitating the connective tissue, you can also read on the net. http://jeannejensen.dk I found the way Jeanne brought up the exercises very gentle as the way I understand it from other sources, the treatment can be tough. The exercises we did in Helsinki-workshop were used to help yourself alone or in pairs. The touch when used was extremely light. Still the impact, when connected to concentration of images, was surprisingly strong and physical. The exercises built up the posture from inside affecting the whole connective tissue, releasing tension giving the body an opportunity to find its way back to natural position.

I ask Jeanne, what is her own core idea or keyword about the Rolf movement  and she answers: "To nourish the inner body allowing one to be there and give the body time to be listen at. It is to find a way to get people to sense to allow them selves to listen to their inner guidance. It´s a question of Gravity, Posture and Attitude. I am impressed of how much the body can heal with a little help of touch. And I want to add the words of Emilie Conrad too: "SPEED KILLS".

In the workshop we all could feel what the words meant.
To be aware you have to give yourself time.
And to listen you have to give yourself time.
And to look for change you have to give yourself honor and time.


Jeanne giving instructions

In the workshop I was confronted with the word Hesitate. I asked Jeanne what she thought about that. She wanted me to honor the hesitation as giving time to feel sure before taking a step of change. I think I will do that.

I will take one special exercise into my life. It was an exercise with a ball size as a plum. You put it under your foot on a special place. You keep it light but imagine an arc round the ball. Then you put some weight on the feet bending your knees. Then you go up on your toes, down once more and up on the toes. Then stand on your feet and the "ball foot" will feel extremely grounded in a good way. You can add to role the ball lightly under your bear foot for just one minute ( that´s enough).
  There is a little gap between bones in the outer side of the foot, just in front of the heelbone, where the ball fits and guides the power of stability and stength into your posture.

Personally I will thank Tuula for inviting Jeanne and Jeanne for giving her knowledge and devotion to what she is doing. 
Mange tack Jeanne!!!
I appreciated that really much and so did the group.


 







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar